Salmon Drops or Salmon Patties
- Ready In:
- Drain salmon, reserving 1/4 cup of the liquid.
- In a medium bowl combine salmon, egg, flour, and pepper, and mix well to break up salmon.
- Stir baking powder into salmon liquid and beat with a fork until foamy.
- Pour baking powder mixture into salmon mixture and stir until blended.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer if using oil to fry salmon drops.
- If using a skillet and planning to make patties rather than drops, heat the skillet with or without a little broth.
- If making drops, scoop out mixture by teaspoonfuls and push mixture off teaspoon into deep fryer of hot oil and watch closely until they brown and are ready to be removed and drained on a paper towel.
- If making patties, shape by handfuls into patties and fry in skillet until evenly browned on both sides and ready to eat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite cookbook is The Joy of Cooking, current and previous editions. As millions of its fans know, it offers detailed information about cooking that most other cookbooks either don't offer to any great degree or, if offered, don't present as well.</p>