MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I got this recipe off the Rachael Ray show. Her recipe called for canned tuna. I did'nt have any so I used salmon steaks that I had from Costco. It was so good that It is now a weekly recipe in my house.. Yummo.. Enjoy..
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) box whole wheat penne
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus some for topping
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed in a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture
- 4 salmon fillets, steamed medium rare
- Place a large pot of water over high heat and bring up to a boil to cook the pasta. Once at a boil, add some salt and the pasta and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Drain pasta thoroughly, return it to the pot and reserve.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 turn of the pan of EVOO and the butter. Cook garlic and onion until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in flour and cook for another minute then whisk in chicken stock and half-and-half, season with salt, ground black pepper and nutmeg. Bring it up to a bubble and thicken.
- Turn off the heat, fold in the parsley, grated Parmigiano Reggiano, cannellini beans, spinach, salmon flaked, penne.
- Pour the mixture into a 13x9" baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven to brown the topping, about 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION