Salmon and Potato Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can boneless and skinless pink salmon, drained
- 2 1⁄2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 1 ",pieces
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (or other cheese)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- Spray 10" diameter glass pie dish with nonstick spray.
- Separate salmon into chunks and set aside.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until very tender, about 20 minutes and drain.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl.
- Add milk, mozzarella cheese and 1 tbsp.
- Parmesan cheese.
- Beat until almost smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in salmon and green onions.
- Transfer mixture to prepared dish, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake casserole until golden and heated through, about 45 minutes at 400.
This was far tastier than I was anticipating. I blended some of the potatoes leaving the rest in pieces, used extra tasty (sharp) cheese, and extra parmesan. I also added some salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Cooking time from the fridge was one hour. Thanks for a great recipe I will make again.