Salmon and Asparagus With Coconut Sauce
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces light coconut milk (canned)
- 4 scallions (sliced, white part separated from green)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoons ginger (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus (woody ends snapped off,spears cut in thirds)
- 1 cup carrot (sliced thin)
- Put coconut milk,white part of scallions, garlic,ginger, salt and pepper in a large skillet, Stir over medium heat until well blended, just a few minutes.
- Cook asparagus and carrot spears in microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place pieces of salmon in a single layer on top of coconut milk mixture and scatter cooked asparagus pieces and carrots over and around salmon.
- Bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and asparagus is crisp tender.
- Using a broad spatula, transfer salmon to individual serving plates, spoon on sauce and vegetables, sprinkle with green part of scallions.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges to squeeze on fish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Nothing better for a weekday meal than a 30 minute or less meal in one pot! (Okay, so we do a little steaming of the veggies first in the microwave, but no biggie, still easy clean up). :)<br/>I kept to the recipe as stated, but only had green parts of the onions on hand so I doubled the amount for flavor.
This is just great. I was looking for a way to shake up how I generally prepare salmon, and this is a perfect solution. I love how tender and delicious the veggies came out. I served it over a bed of spinach, which wilted nicely under the heat of the salmon and sauce and made a lovely presentation and great flavor. I like my veggies crisp, so I omitted the pre-cooking step, and found them to be perfect that way. I omitted the salt (personal preference). Thank you for sharing this!