Sally's Chocolate Rum Cake
photo by jenspot
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Grease and flour bundt pan. Crumble nuts in bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cake and pudding mixes. Add rum, water, oil, and eggs. Mix well.
- Bake at 325F for 50-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. Mix all ingredients (sugar, butter, rum, and water) and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from pan and pour on hot rum glaze.
- Let cool, can be served slightly warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy to make. Next time - and there will be a next time - I will take the cake out of the oven, poke holes in it, pour the glaze over the cake, wait for it to all soak in, and then take the cake out of the pan. My glaze is like soup all over the cake plate. Boo! It's very delicious, though, so I definitely want to try it again in the future.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live on the coast of Florida, near St. Pete. Great seafood abounds here! Cooking good, family friendly meals is my passion, and my kids are as into it as I am. (My 3 year old cracks a mean egg!) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">