Sally Ayotte's South Pole Chocolate Chip Cookies (Antarctica)
photo by GiddyUpGo
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I used peanuts and cashews)
First, cream the butter and the two kinds of sugar:
- Now add the eggs and the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Then add to the sugar/butter/egg mixture and blend until a soft dough forms.
- Add the chips and the chopped nuts.
- Drop the dough by teaspoons onto a baking sheet, about two inches apart. The recipe doesn't say to grease the baking sheet, but my cookies stuck pretty badly so I would definitely put a little butter on the pan next time I make these.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes, or until the bottom edges are lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of two with another one on the way! I am married to an Englishman and we own a small business in our local area. We live in a very small town called Rough and Ready (yes there really is a place called Rough and Ready!) I am a part-time writer and full time mom. My kids were born 15 months apart and keep me so busy I barely have enough time to cook and no time at all for my other passion, horseback riding. I once had four horses but am down to two; my Arab mare Argo and old Denver. Both of them spend the vast majority of their time standing around in my back yard eating hay. I get to feed them and look at them, but until my kids are all in school (and I stop having more kids) that's about it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">