- Ready In:
- 1 (17 1/4 ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets
- 1 (8 ounce) package thinly sliced salami
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained (optional)
- Thaw the 2 sheets of pastry dough according to directions.
- Roll out each piece of dough on a floured board into 10 x 12 inch rectangle.
- Place equal amounts of mozzarella, salame slices, olives, parmesan and basil on each sheet, leaving 1 inch border around edge.
- Roll each sheet starting at the long end, making sure the filling stays inside.
- Seal long edge with water and pinch together.
- Cut each pinwheel into half inch slices with a very sharp knife and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Makes about 32 pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Born and raised in Texas. Grew up on a farm and ranch riding the plow with my dad and feeding the cows. I started cooking early by baking cookies on Sunday afternoons and cooking stuff like bacon and eggs, burgers and steaks. My love of cooking increased while being on my own in college. I've been cooking for over 20 years. I'm married with a boy and girl. I work at my daughter's school part-time.