Salad Mechouia (Tunisian Salad)
- Ready In:
- 4 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 small onions, whole and unpeeled
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1 large poblano chile
- 1 small eggplant
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh lemon juice, to taste
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread garlic cloves onto a metal skewer. Put garlic skewer, tomatoes, onions, peppers, chile, and eggplant on grill rack. Grill, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred all over, 6-7 minutes for garlic and tomatoes; 10 minutes for eggplant; 15 minutes for peppers and chile; 20 minutes for onions.
- Place peppers and chile in a large bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and eggplant. Peel and coarsely chop onions. Peel garlic cloves. Peel, seed, and coarsely chop peppers and chile.
- Place all vegetables in a food processor, along with oil, pulsing until pureed to desired consistency. Transfer to a large bowl. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!