Salad Du Soleil
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons honey, pref. raw-thick type
- In a large bowl; add kidney beans, corn, black beans, jalapeno, bell pepper, celery, and basil.
- In a medium bowl; mix rice vinegar, lime juice, sugar, garlic, Lawry's, pepper, oil, and honey.
- Pour marinade into bean mix and toss well to coat.
- Chill then enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Loved it! The crunch, the jalapeno, garlic and lime all combined so well. Thanks so much Chef! I tend not to like overly sweet dressings so I tasted as I added the honey and sugar and found I only needed half. And I added more basil as I served it. Yum! Cannot wait to make it again. Made for Spring 08 PAC.