Saffron & Raisin Couscous With Fresh Mint
The national dish of Algeria, from http://www.thegutsygourmet.net
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄8 teaspoon saffron thread
- 3⁄4 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 1⁄4 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the saffron. Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Return the pan to the heat, bring to a boil, and mix in the olive oil, salt, couscous, and raisins.Remove from the heat, cover, and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork and your fingertips, fluff the couscous to separate the grains. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Stir in the mint.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
A contender for one of my favourite dishes I have tried on the world tour. It was easy, healthy and tasted great. I had a little less fresh mint than I needed. So, I stirred through a bit of dried mint too and it worked really nicely with the rest of the ingredients. I served this alongside salmon and it was a nice pairing. Made for Zee Zany Zesty Cookz for ZWT6.