Saffron and Rosemary Fermented Garlic
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 lb garlic clove (I buy pre peeled garlic and give a quick dip in hot filtered water)
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn (green and black)
- 19 g sea salt or 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 1/4 cup brine, from sauerkraut or 1/4 cup whey
- 4 cups filtered water
- Mix the salt and water together.
- Place all ingredients except water into a fermentation vessel.
- Top with brine to cover completely.
- Check the garlic after a week to see how it is progressing. Leave for 1 month. Date it!
- But the garlic can sit out nearly indefinitely, but the flavor will slowly intensify as long as it is sitting out in a warm place.
- Put the garlic in a fridge to slow the fermentation to almost a near halt.
- My last batch lasted 1 year.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!