Saag Curry With Tomato and Peppers
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, Finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 100 g fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 canned tomato
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 25 g fresh coriander, chopped
- ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok/large based pan and fry the onion, pepper and carrots on a medium heat for around 7 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Turning the heat up, add the spices and the garlic at cook for a further minute whilst stirring the pan.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, and simmer for 20 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper.
- Add the spinach to the pan. Don't worry if the spinach doesn't fit in the pan right away, it will wilt after a few minutes. Keep stirring until all of the spinach has wilted and mixed in with the rest of the curry mixture.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat. At the end, add the coriander and stir.
- Serve with Chapati, Naan or your rice of choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!