Ruth's Pumpkin Dessert Squares
This is my baby sister's recipe for pumpkin squares. I have found other recipes that are just not the same--and if they aren't like Ruths, then they simply aren't anywhere near as good.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix (reserve 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup yellow cake mix (the one you reserved)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- From the cake mix package reserve 1 cup aside for the topping. Mix the rest of the cake mix with the melted margarine and egg. Combine and press firmly into a greased 9x13-inch pan. Prick with a fork and bake in oven till lightly brown.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, pumpkin pie spice, 2 eggs, brown sugar. Combine filling ingredients and pour over crust.
- Mix the one cup of reserved cake mix, cinnamon, sugar, and margarine together using a fork till crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. This has a better flavor the next day.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more