Rusty Penny (Penne Rustica)
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta (unsmoked Italian bacon)
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp (frozen)
- 1 ounce pancetta
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cook Penne Pasta until Al Dente.
- Place shimp in warm water to thaw if using frozen.
- cube pancetta and brown on medium heat with garlic.
- Add shrimp and just heat through
- cut cooked chicken into thin slices, or cubes.
- Mix together pancetta, garlic, shrimp and chicken.
- Mix together both sauces with sour cream until well blended and then stir in
- 1/2 cup(leaving the other half for topping)
- Parmesan Cheese.
- Pour over pasta and mix in the pancetta, garlic, shrimp and chicken.
- Pour into casserole dish, or individual dishes.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am born and raised in and around Augusta, GA. I have a 4 year old daughter, and wonderful DH. I work full time, and love to cook. I love old church or town cook books, but will look at any kind really. I cook most every week night, and typically make quick, easy meals. Although every now and then I love to spend all day on something a little challenging. I learned to cook from my mother, and we don't measure most ingredients, so most all of my personal postings are estimates. Just use your best judgment and your family will love it.