Rustic Red Lentil Soup (Only 4 Ingredients)
photo by Lil Lemon
- Ready In:
- Cook onions until very soft, (about 5 minutes)in a medium size (2.5L) pot, with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Add chicken cubes, lentils, and tomato paste.
- Turn the heat on high and add 8 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 minutes and soup has reduced significantly.
- Serve warm with Italian crusty bread or flatbreads.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The youngest of 4 siblings and the best cook in the house (well a tie between my eldest sister). Married to a Turk and we live in Toronto, ON Canada. I just love food, especially middle eastern, Living in a big city is great because you can always get your hands on some "hard to find" ingrediants. I enjoy trying anything from scratch: I make my own yogurt, cheese, bread, jams and mostly cook everything with fresh ingrediants. I look forward to sharing many of my loved recipies and I always enjoy recipies from you all too! It's official, Im addicted to Recipezaar! I visit this site about 10-15 times a day, I have only just begun to post recipies so watch out for more of my favorite things & secrets.