Rustic Country Potato-Sausage Pizza #5FIX
photo by Sandi Sheppard
- Ready In:
- 1 lb spicy bulk country sausage
- 2 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion, thawed
- 13 7⁄8 ounces refrigerated classic pizza dough, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta sauce with mushrooms, bell and spicy peppers, garlic and herbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded triple cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large heavy skillet on medium heat, brown the sausage, breaking into small pieces as it cooks. After 5 minutes, add the Simply Potatoes Cubed Potatoes w/Onions and cook for another 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Remove the pizza dough from the tube, cut the rolled dough in half and unroll each onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Shape them both into a rustic shaped rectangle, about 7 1/2" x 11" each.
- Spread half of the pasta sauce onto each rectangle, then top the sauce with half of the sausage and potato mixture on each. Sprinkle equal portions of cheese over both pizza tops and bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust is nicely browned and cheese is melted.
- Cut each rectangle into 4 pieces and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a graphic artist who designs signs and vehicle graphics. I have found a competitive streak in myself where cooking is concerned and have been an active competition cook for the last few years. I'm cooking my way to a kitchen remodel! I have also found a love of conceptionally creating, filming and editing cooking videos and hope to have my own cooking show eventually. I'm always thinking out-of-the-box and that's why my favorite shows are Chopped, Top Chef, and all other competition-type cooking shows. I also found a love of food photography... food is beautiful!</p>