Rustic Carrot, Pumpkin & Lentil Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin, chop into medium sized pieces.
- Heat a pan and add the olive oil. Saute onions until translucent.
- Add the ginger, garlic, carrot and celery. Saute for a minute or two until the aromas of the garlic and ginger are wafting beneath your nose.
- Add the lentils, pumpkin and stock to cover and simmer for approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until the soup is a thick consistency and the vegetables are soft. Season to taste.
- Can be blended if preferred or leave chucky. Serve with gluten free bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Based in Whangarei NZ. My favourite recipe book is by a two NZers, Alison and Simon Holst Meals without Meat. This book is my all time stand by for healthy inexpensive meals. I wouldn't be without it. I love cooking and look forward to preparing meals each evening.