Sinfully Delicious. Limit 5 per person. Requires a Pizzelle cookie maker (looks like a sandwich press).
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup butter (2 cubes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 5 eggs
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package whipped cream (softened)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Cut up the butter into small slices.
- Microwave for 45 seconds.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and let it cool for a minute.
- With a hand blender, beat the butter.
- Add sugar and beat.
- Add flour and eggs and beat.
- Pull out a cutting board and two butter knives.
- Drop a tbsp onto the pizzelle maker. They cook fast! (about 90 seconds).
- Put on some plastic gloves.
- Wrap each cookie around the butter knife handle while its still hot.
- You have to be very quick or your fingers will hurt.
- The best way to do it is to pull the cookie from the maker with a spatula, place on cutting board. Then center the butter knife handle in on the cookie.
- Pull one side of the cookie over the handle and then the other. Flip the whole thing over so the knife holds the cookie in shape.
- Do not eat all the cookies before you finish making them! Your family will be upset. The house will smell of them for hours, so there is no escape.
- Cool cookies completely.
- Blend all filling ingredients and fill.
- Feel free to try any other kinds of fillings and you can play with the filling proportions to your taste.
- Refrigerate cookies that are not eaten.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I haven't made these yet but your recipe is a GEM! I'm teaching my 21 year old DD to cook. Her best friend spent her early childhood in Moscow, so I went looking for recipes for a Russian-themed dinner a couple of beginner chefs could handle! I'll let them borrow my pizzelle maker and my DD will get to break in the new hand mixer I just bought her. These will be fun to make and I'm sure they will taste yummy if the girls follow your recipe!! Just in case, I'll spend an afternoon making them for myself so I can offer my advise on the technique in case they need any help!! Thanks!Reply