- Cut the chicken livers in half or into large chunks.
- Cut the largest chestnuts in half.
- Cut the bacon strips in half, crosswise.
- Wrap a piece of bacon around pieces of liver and chestnuts, securing the ends with a toothpick.
- Place in a shallow pie plate as you make them.
- Combine the soy sauce with spices and pour over the rumaki; refrigerate about 1/2 hour before serving.
- Preheat the grill or broiler and broil the rumaki until the bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Serve hot.