Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the raisins with enough rum to cover.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat.
- (Watch carefully. If the alcohol gets too hot, it will ignite.) Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Strain the rum into a heatproof glass measuring cup and set aside.
- Reserve the raisins.
- In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream and half-and-half.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar to blend.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Refrigerate, covered, until very cold, at least 3 hours or as long as 3 days.
- Whisk the mixture to blend and pour into the canister of an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
- When the ice cream is at the soft-serve stage, add 1/3 cup of the rum and the raisins and process 1 minute longer.
- (Discard any remaining rum or reserve for another use.) Eat at once or transfer to a covered container and freeze up to 8 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!