Rum And Raisin Brownies
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 200 g butter
- 125 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place raisins and rum in a saucepan over low heat and simmer till almost all of the rum has been absorbed.
- Set aside and allow it to cool.
- Place butter, chocolate in a DRY saucepan over low heat and stir till completely smooth.
- Place chocolate mixture in a bowl and add sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa, baking powder, raisins and mix till combined.
- Pour mixture into 20cm (8 inch) square cake tin that has been completely lined with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely and cut into squares to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I followed this recipe very strictly. It yielded thick moist brownies that are very nice, but somehow I miss the walnuts and vanilla which I usually put in brownie batter. I did notice that there wasn't any salt, and so used ordinary salted butter. Thank you for the recipe. It was interesting to try something different. (But I guess I'm just set in my ways.)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
(READ MORE ABOUT ME AND MORE RECIPES AT vanessafrida.livejournal.com) Thanks for clicking on my name and finding out more about myself. I stumbled upon 'zaar by chance, and I have been hooked ever since. It is just so much easier surfing online for a recipe then flipping through a zillion cookbooks. I am a big fan of healthy meal, and i love to use heaps of garlic in my food. Guess it is the asian blood in me. :) And I am a real sweet tooth, and I'm constantly on a lookout for cake and biscuit recipes. Have a look at the recipes i have posted, and tell me what you think. Thanks!