- Ready In:
- In a mixing bowl, cream 7 oz. of butter and 8 oz. cream cheese together. add 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoons vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add 2 cups of flour and mix lightly. Refrigerate dough for an hour or more. Then divide the chilled dough into 4 balls.
- On a floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, foll one ball of dough into a circle until about 1/8 inches thick.
- Whatever filling you use, spread it from center of the circle. My favorite is Apricot Walnut (1 cup of apricot jam and 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts). A household favorite is Chocolate which is made by sprinkling grated chocolate and sugar. Another idea is Raspberry Raisin (1 cup of raspberry jam and 1/2 cup raisins).
- Cut the pastry into pie shaped wedges. a pizza cutter makes it easier to cut the dough, but a knife can be used too. For bite-sized and nice looking cookies the thick end of the wedge should be about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide. If you use too much filling, it will fall out and result in messy looking cookies.
- Start at the wide edge of the wedge and roll the dough up to the point.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place each pastry, seam side down, on the paper. If you don't want to use parchment, you can spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. If you want to freeze the cookies and bake them later, put the cookies on the parchment paper into the freezer.
- Brush each pastry with the egg and sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 mins or until golden.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!