Rub a Dub T-Bones
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 4 beef t-bone steaks (or up to 10 depending on size and how you like yours seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Blend all dry ingredients together and rub into both sides of at least 4 t-bone steaks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in large skillet at fairly high heat.
- Cook steaks for 5 minutes; turn, drop heat to medium and continue cooking for approximately 10 minutes for medium-rare, depending on the thickness of your steaks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
One side of the steak got over done, but I set the timer and focused on making sides to go with this. I should have kept a closer eye on it. Even with one side over done, my husband said the steak had great flavor. I used the corn starch option instead of the flour, as we have a gluten intolerant family member.
OH MY GOSH...this has to be a SIN they are so GOOD.... never EVER would of thought to add cornstarch to a steak spice mix.. also I never pan fry my steak..always broil or grill..but I got out my favorite cast iron skillet and did it your way...AWESOME!!!!! I did this for myself only.. so I have some left..(the rub) and have to admit I put it on thick... might have to add some cayanne next time..although it was excellent without..just cuz I like a little bite me back thing goin on