One of the parents in my class brought in some sugar cookies topped with this icing. It was delicious! The recipe came from a book called Cookie Dough Fun. I just made this recipe myself, and I had to add a 2 tablespoons of milk to it - the icing was very stiff and it hardens quickly. The taste is fantastic though and it looked really pretty on the cookie.
- Ready In:
- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 cups sifter powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Beat egg white in small bowl at high speed of electric mixer until egg is foamy.
- Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar and almond extract.
- Beat at low speed until moistened.
- Increase mixer speed to high and beat until icing is stiff.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this today to decorate my gingerbread people and it turned out fantastic! I also used vanilla essence as I am not a huge fan of almond essences (and neither are my kids). I found that it was rather thick but that was fixed when I added the food colouring. This is a great recipe that I will definately use again. Thank you so much for posting!Reply