Royal Date Gingerbread Cake
photo by Dommie
- Ready In:
- 300 g pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 500 ml boiling water
- 240 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g finely chopped walnuts
- 100 g butter
- 200 g brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 50 g finely chopped walnuts
- 18 pitted dates, cut in half
- chop the dates, place them in a large bowl and sprinkle with baking soda, pour over the boiling water and let cool.
- preheat your oven to 170 °C.
- meanwhile whip the butter, about 4-5 minutes.
- add the egg and whip again until fluffy.
- now add the flour combined with the salt and the walnuts.
- finally, pour in the date mixture and mix well.
- spread on a baking pan (approximately 25 x 38 cm) lined with baking paper and bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- let the cake cool, turn it over and remove the baking paper.
- prepare the icing: in a saucepan, melt the butter and the cream on low heat.
- add the sugar, increase heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes, or until the mixture thickens.
- while still hot, pour on the cake and spread evenly.
- sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the cake and decorate with dates.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!