Route 66 Diner Philly Chicken
From the Route 66 Cookbook. This sounds like comfort food and one that my family will surely enjoy ! Serve over wild rice, pasta or mashed potatoes.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 cups chopped chicken meat
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in vegetable oil.
- Add tarragon, lemon pepper and garlic.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream, cream cheese, milk, chicken and heat to simmer, but do not boil.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serve over rice, pasta or potatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really liked this, though everyone else in my family thought that tarragon wasn't a good match in this recipe. But otherwise, this was a really tasty dish, and quite simple to prepare. I served it over egg noodles, but I can see that this would be great on rice or potatoes (as the posting chef suggested. The cream cheese was an excellent addition in the sauce. Thanks PrimQuilter.Reply