Round Zucchinis Stuffed With Tuna
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 4 round zucchini (about 1200 g total)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 anchovies packed in oil
- 250 g tuna chunks in olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 40 g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock (from 1/4 cube)
- Cut the zucchini tops and remove the flesh until you have a generous cavity. Reserve the tops. Brush inside and outside with olive oil.
- Mix and combine oregano, basil, garlic granules, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the mixture inside of each zucchini. Place the zucchini and tops into a small iron-cast pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°C, or until slightly soft. Remove from the oven, let them cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onion in olive oil. Add anchovies, crush them with a wooden spoon. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add tuna chunks in olive oil, capers, bread crumbs, egg, lemon zest, pepper and parsley to the onion and anchovies. Mix well and combine.
- Generously fill each zucchini with the prepared mixture.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top of each stuffed zucchini (1 tablespoon / zucchini). Return to the pan.
- Add wine and vegetable broth to the pan, return the zucchini to the oven and bake them at 200°C for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with tops on and drizzle the liquid from baking over each zucchini.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!