Rotisserie Lemon-Rosemary Chicken
photo by chefmnm
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 45mins
- 1 (4 lb) chicken
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Wash chicken inside and out under cold water and pat dry.
- Remove any excess fat from the skin and put chicken in a 2-gallon zip top bag.
- Mix marinade ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator about 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain.
- Load chicken onto spit rod assembly. Truss according to manufacturer's directions, or tie the legs together and tie another string around the body and wings so the wings don't flop around during cooking.
- Roast until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 175 degrees, about 20 minutes per pound.
- Remove chicken from spit, cover loosely with foil and let rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hmm... let's see.. Cooking is my passion... I'm retired now and able to cook and bake every day. I think the most helpful cookbook that I own would have to be The New Doubleday Cookbook. I just love kitchen gadgets and have many of them. Besides cooking I love to sing and belong to the Sweet Adeline's International. I get very annoyed at people who are LATE! I think it's just as easy to be late as it is to be on time. Well.. thanks to all of you at Zaar for all of your terrific recipes and ideas that bring my friends and family much joy and happiness. They get to try all of my new recipes.