Rotisserie Chicken Tortilla Casserole With Queso Fresco Cilantro
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a simple and delicious casserole that is a great way to utilize leftover cooked chicken.
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 cups diced rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 2 cups mild enchilada sauce, divided
- 108 inches corn tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup prediced yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Coarsely chop chicken (3 1/2 cups).
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, sour cream, and 1 cup cheese blend.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of prepared dish.
- Arrange 6 tortillas over sauce, overlapping slightly.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce over tortillas; top with half of chicken mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers once, beginning with tortillas.
- Top with remaining 6 tortillas, remaining 1/2 cup sauce, and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine queso fresco, tomato, onion, lime juice and salt.
- Serve casserole with salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION