Rotini Salad With Zucchini, Shrimp, Scallops & Mussels
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- 1 box barilla rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mussels, steamed
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 zucchini, sliced in half moons
- to taste black pepper
- 1⁄2 lb scallops, diced
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- to taste salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season the water with salt and cook pasta 1 minute less than the required cooking time. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and place on sheet tray to cool down. In a small pot, steam the mussels until they are opened, remove from shell and discard. Set aside. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until lightly yellow in color. Add zucchini and sauté for 4 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste. In a separate skillet, sauté shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon olive oil until lightly golden in colour. Season and set aside to cool down. Once everything has cooled, combine all the seafood with the pasta and zucchini. Toss to combine and add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and parsley.
- More Mediterranean-inspired pasta recipes can be found at www.Barilla.ca.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!