Rotini in Rich Meat Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cook your pasta while preparing meat sauce, and you can turn this into a 30 minute meal. That simple! :) Enjoy. Pol Martin Cookbook
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 celery, stalk diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb ground lean pork
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground veal
- 5 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, grated
- rotini pasta (enough for 4 servings)
- heat olive oil in saute pan over medium heat, add onion, garlic and celery, cook for 6 minutes.
- add basil, parsely and wine, cook for 1 minute.
- add both meats and season. cook for 6 minutes over medium heat, stir twice during cooking.
- add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and thyme, season with salt and pepper and cook for 18 minutes over low heat.
- mix with hot pasta and serve with grated cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION