Rotini and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese, of your choice (I use Monterey Jack)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Cook Rotini according to package directions.
- In saucepan over medium/low heat melt butter; stir in flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder till smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk; bring to a boil and stir till thickened.
- Remove from heat and add both cheeses and lemon juice stirring until cheese is melted.
- Combine cheese sauce with the Rotini.
- Sprinkle with Parsley or Paprika to garnish.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is spot-on! Congratulations, Denise, this is the first time my husband has eaten anything homemade and cooked by me EVER (he is a very territorial cook...) I had to cut out the lemon juice, (because he has a citrus allergy) and I look forward to making these again, they turned out beautifully!Reply
Perfect-shaped pasta for this dish. A little cheesy for me (I get cheesed-out easily), but my BF really liked it. Froze/thawed well. I added a few peas for color and I browned up some bite-sized pieces of kielbasa to add some salty-savory to the rich cheese flavor. I would make this easy, simple dish again. Thanks, Denise.Reply
see 1 more