Rosie Daley's Pizza Dough
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup water, lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup semolina
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- vegetable oil or cooking spray
- Mix the water and honey together in a medium stainless steel bowl.
- Sprinkle the yeast on top and set it aside for about 20 minutes to proof, until bubbles form on the surface.
- Put the flour, semolina, and salt into the bowl of a food processor.
- Turn the machine on and slowly add the yeast mixture through the feed tube.
- Process for about a minute, until a dough ball forms, drizzling a little additional water into the feed tube if necessary.
- Continue to process for another 2 minutes.
- Rub the surface of a large bowl with the olive oil.
- Transfer the dough ball to the ball and roll it in the oil to coast.
- Cover with a towel and set the bowl aside in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the dough to a work surface that has been dusted with cornmeal and roll out evenly to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Cut out eight 5 1/2 inch circles, using a sharp knife and a saucer of that circumference.
- Spray a cookie sheet 3 times with the vegetable oil to coat and put the pizza rounds onto the sheet.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, until golden.
- Remove the baked crusts from the oven and add the topping variation of your choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.