Rosemary & Pine Nut Mashed Potatoes
A simple variation which makes all the difference in flavour to basic mashed potatoes. Adapted from the Australian Women's Weekly Casseroles cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium potatoes or 800 g potatoes
- 40 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Peel potatoes, cut each into four even pieces.
- Boil, steam or microwave the potatoes until they are tender, drain the potatoes and mash them; add butter, milk and sugar and beat until the butter melts.
- Add the pine nuts and rosemary and mix until well-combined.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Awesome!! I loved loved loved these potatoes. The fresh rosemary and pine nuts were terrific. And who would believe that brown sugar would taste good in mashed potatoes?!? Well it does!! I made it exactly as listed (with 1% milk) and wouldn't change a thing! I served this with Recipe #362455 and Recipe #203925 (see a theme?). Made for Potluck Tag. Thanks! :)Reply
What a different way to make mashed potatoes. After this recipe I HAVE to get a camera and post photos. I wish I had one now. These were incredibly delicious. I did use pine nuts, the only adjustment I made was I added an extra teaspoon of brown sugar. A definate keeper !! thanks for the post.Reply
see 4 more