Rosemary Grilled Bread
photo by French Tart
- Ready In:
- Cut the bread into about 12 slices, about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Lightly coat both sides of the bread with olive oil.
- To your liking sprinkle sea salt, pepper and rosemary on one side of the bread slices. Lightly press down on the spices to help them stick, then flip the slices over and sprinkle the spices on the other side.
- Grill over medium high heat about 5 minutes on each side, until the bread is toasty and light grill marks appear.
- This bread is excellent for bruschetta or dips or just to eat plain! So good! :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Life Is Good recommended this recipe in our 2011 Member's Cookbook and I was enraptured by the concept. However, we don't grill, so I was stumped as to what to do. Enter my great broiler on my gas oven, with adjustable shelves and temperature. Rather than a baguette, which I've always found too hard to enjoy, I bought a round country loaf of sourdough bread, impregnated with roasted garlic cloves. The recipe was a snap to put together, and the broiler turned it into perfection! Honestly, my family wanted to just eat the bread, it was THAT good! I had to remove it from the table so we'd eat the rest of the meal, but it was then brought back: I had too many sad faces staring me down! LOL
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am Sarah.</p> <p>I am married to a wonderful man. He is a great Husband and Father.</p> <p>In March of 2011 we welcomed our daughter Evie into this world. She is everything and nothing I expected, and is without a doubt the best thing I have ever done with my life.</p> <p>I love to cook, and eat, and laugh, and drink and play.</p> <p>I have a wonderful life.</p> <p><em>There are things you do because they feel right, and they may make no sense and they make no money and it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other and to eat each other's cooking and say it was good. ~Brian Andreas, Story People~</em></p> <p><em> </em></p> <p><em>Get to know our family at www.itsavol.blogspot.com</em></p> <p><img src=http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/sarahbethevans/bfe23bac.jpg alt= width=477 height=639 /></p>