Rosemary and Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
I was inspired to make it by a dish I had in Italy. If you don't love rosemary, reduce the quantity. It has a strong rosemary flavor because we love it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 12 red potatoes, sliced thickly
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice up the potatoes thickly.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix spices, oil, and garlic.
- Put the potatoes in the mix and toss/stir until completely coated.
- Line the bottom of a 13 x 9" glass dish with the potatoes.
- Put the chicken in the sauce and coat. Place on top of the potatoes, with a few potatoes on top of each.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, uncovered.
- Baste during the last 15 minutes, if needed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wow, 4 of my favorite ingredients, how could I go wrong? I pretty much followed the instructions but used a whole cut up chicken and russet potatoes as that's what I had on hand, I also threw a hand full of diced chives into the mix and a little salt. I covered it with foil the first hour then removed the foil and turned up the heat to brown. Very quick and easy to throw together and throw into the oven. No muss, no fuss. Turned out great and has gone into my "fix again" recipes. Thanks so much for sharing Starrynews, wish I could give it 50 stars
I used 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts (just under 200g each) and had them covered top and bottom by the potatoes to to make sure they would not dry out in the 1 hour cooking and cut by 4 medium Ruby Lou potatoes in thinner slices than maybe called for so they would also cook. The potatoes were beautifully cooked with the ones that layered the top of the chicken slightly crispy were the ones on the bottom were quite soft, which was good as the DM prefers soft and I prefer crisp, therefore we were both catered for and the DS didn't mind so he got a mix of both. The DM and the DS enjoyed both the potatoes and chicken but to be honest I didn't like the chicken as the texture and taste did not appeal to me. A recipe I would certainly make again scaled back for the DM on those nights we want a hot hot curry and I can give her something I know she would enjoy or possibly quartering a small chicken and cooking with skin and on bone. Thank you Starrynews, made for I Recommended and by littlemafia.