MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Life feels nice n rosy after sipping this lovely drink!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh curds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon rose syrup (or more if desired)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 10 -12 crushed ice cubes
- 10 -12 drops vanilla essence
- Put all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and frothy.
- Serve chilled in tall glasses.
- Vary the flavour by substituting rose for pineapple.
- Add very finely chopped pieces of fruit, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a really lovely lassi! Instead of curds and vanilla essence I used home made vanilla yoghurt because that was what I had, and instead of rose syrup I had to use rose water. I like the combination of sweet and salty, and I think this is a great electrolyt drink after jogging in summer. Will definitely make this again! Thanks for posting. Made for India - More Than Just Curries Tag Game.Reply
Hmmm, this is nice, very cooling on a hot day. I used the syrup for Velvetinenut's Bandung (Rose Syrup With Milk) recipe #90358, as the rose syrup, which gave the drink a pretty pink color. I used plain yogurt, which I think is what fresh curds means. The only problem I had was with the amount of salt in this. I did cut back a little when making the drink, but it still seems saltier than I'd like. So next time, I'll use less salt. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.Reply