This recipe from Harrowsmith Country Life is a delicious blending of flavours! As a bonus, the mixture (your choice) is a great veggie disguise for those "picky" eaters at the table.
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs mixed vegetables, peeled & cut into chunks (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, celeriac)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pepper, to taste
- Cover the veggies in cold, salted water& bring to a boil.
- Cook until they can be pierced with a sharp knife, 12 to 20 minutes.
- Drain well& return to pot.
- Place the pot over heat to dry the veggies slightly; mash well.
- Add milk, butter& pepper and mash together.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation