photo by Rochefort
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 kg kangaroo fillet, diced
- 1 kg potato, diced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 yellow chilies, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (440 ml) can Guinness stout
- 500 ml Coke
- 3 garlic cloves
- Dice the roo and wack it in a plastic container with the 440ml can of guiness and the coke, give it a good stir/shake and leave it to marinade overnight.
- Remove the Kangaroo from the marinade, and retain the liquid.
- Place the oil, onion and garlic in the oil and fry till golden.
- Add in the hot paprika and 1 TBS of sweet, the carraway seeds, salt and roo to the pan.
- Add 1 cup of the marinade and 1 cup of water and stir to mix.
- Once it starts to bubble, cover and turn the heat to low and simmer for 1.5 hrs.
- Place in rest of the ingredients in to the pan. If the liquid level's seem more then add more liquid with a 1:1 mix of marinade mix + water. I put in an extra ½ cup of each at this stage.
- Once the spuds are tender, you are done and its ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!