My dad is "The Best Cook"! He recently had a stroke that has left him unable to speak or write many words. I am so glad I was able to get this recipe and several others from him before they were locked up inside. His cooking along with his family are his legacy, that I wanted to share.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can of crushed Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces water
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In pot over medium heat, pour 3 T of oil. When hot, cook onion until translucent,.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in pot (pour water in last), stir. Reduce to simmer until the texture is relatively thick. Approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour.