Romanian Mici--Grilled Fresh Sausages
- Ready In:
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed into a paste with salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1⁄4 cup ice water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Combine the meats in a bowl. Add the garlic and seasonings and mix well.
- Add the water and baking soda and begin to knead the meat. Knead until it is very smooth and cohesive (about 10 minutes).
- Roll into small sausage shapes (about as long as an Italian sausage but a bit thinner).
- Let the mici rest on a plate or in a large container for at least two hours, and preferably overnight.
- Grill the mici over a medium-hot grill for 15-20 minutes. They may still look a little pink on the inside. This is normal because of the baking soda and doesnt mean that they are raw. 20 minutes should do it.
- Have the mustard, bread, and beer ready. These are so good.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a teacher in Cluj, Romania. I am social person who loves to throw parties, especially dinner parties.