Another recipe out of my "Everyday Cooking" cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 French bread (long stick)
- 13 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper
- fresh basil (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Soak 4 wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes (can use metal).
- Cut bread into thick slices, and cut mozzarella into 12 slices.
- Slice tomatoes into 3 slices each.
- Combine oil, lemon juice, oregano and seasoning in a shallow dish.
- Brush both sides of bread with oil, thread bread onto skewers, alternating with mozzarella and tomato and finishing with bread.
- Pour any remaining oil over kebabs.
- Place kebabs on a baking sheet, cook for 6-8 minutes, turning halfway through, until bread is crisp and cheese has melted.
- Serve garnished with basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Terrific recipe! I wanted the bread to get nice and crispy so I let the cheese get a little gooey but that was ok - it was delicious! The oil/lemon/oregano really makes this great; I made a little extra to make sure I had enough to brush over the kebabs after brushing on the bread. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!Reply