Romaine Salad with Grilled Vegetables
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This light entree salad made a great one-course lunch for me. Got this recipe from an Indian magazine for women called Femina.
- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small eggplant, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 4 slices red onions
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 large portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Combine the oil, basil, oregano and garlic in a large bowl.
- Toss in the sliced vegetables.
- Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Place on a hot grill and cook until just soft.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Arrange the Romaine on large plates.
- Divide the vegetables on the plates.
- Top with your favorite vinaigrette.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a wonderful salad. I marinated overnight and fixed on my Forman Grill. So quick and easy (my kind of recipe)! I made just as directed except for the eggplant (I didn't have any), but it didn't need it. Served with a splash of red wine vinegar and salmon. Made a beautiful presentation. I think fresh lemon juice would also taste great. This is enough for 4 servings as a side. Thanks for posting Mini.Reply