Romaine Salad With a Creamy Dill Dressing
- Ready In:
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 -4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, cucumber, tomatoes and onion.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and shake well. Serve with salad. Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Join The Conversation
I cut the salad down to 3 cups lettuce, 1/2 small cucunber, and 1/2 small red onion and served with Recipe #427995 on grillled buns. I made the full dressing recipe so i woulld have some left in the fridge because I love homemade dressing and this seemed low in fat. It was a real tasty treat and I will try it next timme with garlic powder in place of onion powder. Thanks for posting diner! Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.
To pass out for: seriously a great tasting dressing that if you only had a spoon to eat it, you would still devour it. It's that great. Followed this exactly, except halved it, second time around (past Saturday) I made the full amount. Very smooth and very creamy. Perfect! According to the lettuce, who spoke to the croutons, this was a great unity! Will make often! Made for *PRMR Holiday Special* Novembre 2009