Romaine Lettuce With Chicken, Almonds and Curry Vinaigrette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Chicken and almonds are another match made in Heaven-(St. Francis may disagree....) From our local newspaper, source unknown unfortunately. Use fresh ingredients. Good use of leftover chicken.
- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce (or any crisp lettuce)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tart green apples, cored, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (can leave unpeeled if you wish)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced (NOT dried)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or less, depending on its "heat")
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the vinaigrette first. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl except for the olive oil. Whisk in olive oil until well incorporated. Adjust seasoning. Best prepared 1 hour in advance if possible.
- Toast the almonds and set aside to cool.
- In large salad bowl combine the salad ingredients. Add about 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and toss gently.
- Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
What a good dressing. Really good salad that I'd make again. Well, let me be honest, I made two changes, subbing cooked ham for chicken, and omitting the red cabbage. But the basis of the salad is a sure winner, and I'm going to make it with chicken and cabbage I promise. Also, I poured the dressing on the salad entirely. Thanks for posting, Cookgirl!Reply