Rogene's Coconut Cream Dessert
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 4 cups cold milk
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in the pecans. Press into a greased 13x9x2 in baking dish. Bake at 325 deg for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped topping and spread over the crust.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes; let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spread over cream chsse mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate overnight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is so good. I made this yesterday and let set in the refrigerator overnight. The crust is perfect. I only had 2 boxes of pudding mix so I used that and 3 cups of skim milk. It worked wonderfully. I put the coconut in the oven at 350 for 3-4 minutes to toast it for the topping. This may be better than coconut cream pie. If you like coconut, you've got to try this recipe. This one is a keeper.