Rocky Road Pancakes
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Saw this recipe being made on an Australian TV talk show called Sunrise. Have not tried these yet but they sound delicious.
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- cooking spray
- chopped marshmallows, extra
- shredded coconut, extra
CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 125 g milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup marshmallows, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- Whisk egg yolks and milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl. Mix in milk mixture to form a smooth mixture. Mix in Choc Bits and coconut.
- Beat egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter, in two batches, until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Spray pan with cooking oil. Drop tablespoons of mixture into pan, making 6 pancakes at a time. Cook over medium heat until bubbles appear on surface. Turn pancakes over and cook until lightly browned underneath. Remove from pan. Cover to keep warm. Repeat method with remaining batter.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a small pan. Stir over low heat until warm and smooth.
- Serve pancakes warm or cold with chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with extra marshmallows and shredded coconut.
- Tip. Serve with ice-cream or cream, if you prefer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION