Rochelle's Chocolate Chip Cookies (Betty Crocker)
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix shortening and butter in medium bowl.
- Add sugars; cream together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; stir in chocolate chips when partially mixed.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet about 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Because I live overseas I don't have access to Betty Crocker products. But this recipe in my opinion tastes like the real McCoy. They're not your typical jaw breaking biscuits, these guys are soft and fudgey just the way we lov'em. They certainly didn't last long! Only difference in the recipe was that I replaced the 2/3c shortening(cos I don't have access to it)with regular butter, so in the end the final butter amount was actually a 200grm block.Thanks heaps for the recipe.Now my only problem is the kids won't stop bugging me to make it again!