Rob Morrison's Meatloaf
photo by Breezytoo
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 slices bacon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the onion, garlic, ketchup and egg in a large bowl; stir to combine.
- Add meat and mix until well combined.
- Add breadbrumbs and cheese and continue mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- Transfer meat mixture to a loaf pan. Top with bacon strips, if desired, and cover with aluminum foil.
- Transfer to oven and bake until meat is no longer pink, about 55 minutes. Uncover, and continue baking an additional 30 minutes.
- Let meatloaf stand, loosely covered, about 10 minutes, before slicing and serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Born in the former Yugoslavia (Ponosna Licanka). Lived in Europe, America and Canada. Now I'm back in the Motor City. Married my first (and only) love in 2001, after initially dating in 1989. We have three wonderful, gorgeous boys together. DH is a handsome smarty pants, working for one of the big 3. Currently I am a student in the local university's Nursing Program. DH accepted a job in Shanghai, so we'll be living there for 3 years, starting summer 2009. ***Update: graduated nursing school, moved to Shanghai August 2009 & since January 2010, we have been living in Beijing, China.