Roasted Winter Vegetables With Peanut Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 large parsnips, chopped coarsely
- 2 medium swedes, turnips, potatoes, carrots coarsely chopped
- 500 g baby beets, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 220°C Combine vegies with half the oil in a large baking dish. Bake uncovered in a hot oven for about 45 minutes, turning or until vegies are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small pan. Add the onion & ginger & cook, stirring, until soft. Add remaining ingredients & stir until hot.
- Serve peanut sauce over the vegetables.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in country Victoria (Australia) and grew up in Ballarat. I have lived the rest of my life in capital cities - Melbourne, Belfast (Northern Ireland), Sydney, Canberra, before deciding to do the 'tree change' thing, and move to country Victoria. I now live in the country town of Beaufort, which has a population of about 1200 people (half out on farms) which is within commuting distance to the provincial city of Ballarat. At the age of 20 I attended William Angliss College and studied Catering and Hotel Management, which enhanced my passion for good food. Since then I've taken many a wayward turn, and have ended up here with my many animals (sheep, goats, chooks, ducks, cats, dogs & goldfish) and am loving the life that I live. My professional training was in classical french cookery, but how could anyone ignore the many ethnic influences on our food here in Australia?? I love Asian, Indian, Medditeranean, Middle Eastern foods, and must confess after a couple of years in Northern Ireland - I'm so glad they are now taking refugees! Their food will improve enormously!!